I feel an affinity for the pioneer women of yesteryear. Life prohibited communication from being lengthy, detailed, or effusive. And yet, they found a way to distill love and support into a single focus, a heartfelt gift: a casserole!
1. Brown hamburger and drain. Add tomato soup, Worchestershire sauce, and spices and cook for 5 minutes until well blended. Press into bottom of ungreased 9×9 pan.
2. Cover meat mixture with grated cheese.
3. Microwave vegetables until heated. DRAIN. Layer on meat mixture.
4. Prepare mashed potatoes. Spread on top of vegetables.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F for approximately 35 minutes or until heated throughout.
Washington State has a reputation for apples and with good reason. Honeycrisp, Gala, Fuji, Braeburn, Cameo. Is there anything more wholesome and delicious? I’m fortunate to have two apple trees in my back yard and the cool summer was prime apple growing conditions for a prosperous fall crop. When that first apple falls, I gather [...]