I feel an affinity for the pioneer women of yesteryear. Life prohibited communication from being lengthy, detailed, or effusive. And yet, they found a way to distill love and support into a single focus, a heartfelt gift: a casserole!
1. Brown hamburger and drain. Add tomato soup, Worchestershire sauce, and spices and cook for 5 minutes until well blended. Press into bottom of ungreased 9×9 pan.
2. Cover meat mixture with grated cheese.
3. Microwave vegetables until heated. DRAIN. Layer on meat mixture.
4. Prepare mashed potatoes. Spread on top of vegetables.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F for approximately 35 minutes or until heated throughout.
Anne Lamott writes in her book BIRD BY BIRD, “We are a species that needs and wants to understand who we are.” As humans, we are wired for curiosity, exploration, and hunger for new experiences. Look a child in the eye and you can feel it. Childhood reminds me of summers that stretched long growing [...]
Election Day was earlier this week. I listened to the onslaught of ads, read through the propositions, consulted with those knowledgeable about the issues, and voted after careful consideration. We vote by ballot in our county so I followed the instructions to properly seal the envelope, located the appropriate drop site, took the short drive [...]